[NCLUG] Breaking news! SCO is full of crap (big surprise)

jbass at dmsd.com jbass at dmsd.com
Wed Aug 20 12:15:29 MDT 2003

> Mike Loseke <mike at verinet.com> writes:
> Thus spake Sean Reifschneider:
> >
> > We can't discuss how much or how little of Linux is tainted, because SCO
> > isn't providing enough details on which millions of lines of code they
> > believe was copied from their IP.  The millions of lines of code number
> > sounds quite high though...
>
>  Higher than the number of lines which differ from kernel 2.2 to 2.4, in
> fact. Which is interesting since SCO themselves say that 2.2 is clean.

There have been a number of reports that SCO has said that
violations existing in 2.2 as well, and that the SCO claim
is a much smaller "hundreds of thousands of derivative lines
of code". For instance:

   http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/06/13/1055220751243.html

Where is there an offical SCO quote online claiming 2.2 is clean
and their are millions of lines "copied" (which is very different
than possibly tainted)?

John