[NCLUG] Wireless configuration

Nicholas Lang nlang at simla.ColoState.EDU
Sat Aug 30 22:26:18 MDT 2003

Greetings all,

just found out about the nclug recently, and am planning on comming to the
meeting on tuesday.  But I have a problem that's got me stuck, and I
havn't been able to get past it for a while now.  I got a Microsoft MN-520
wireless netcard, and according to www.linux-wlan.org it should work with
the wlan-ng driver.  But I for somereason can't get the driver to install,
and when i try to boot my computer with the wireless card in I get a nice
big freeze durring the boot process, right after it loads prism2_cs.o

I'm assuming that the system is seeing the card but there is something
that needs to be configured inorder to allow my computer to fully boot.

I'm running Knoppix version of GNU/Linux installed to the HD (knoppix was
the only version that was able to detect all the hardware on my laptop
cept for the wireless)

So anyway any help would be awsome!

Nick

Free the heel and