[NCLUG] ProFTPd service

BJ Tiemessen tiemesse at CS.ColoState.EDU
Tue Feb 25 14:29:53 MST 2003

Umm, yes.  I beleave so although I cannot find the config file in
Mandrake (its not /etc/inetd.conf).  Through a gui I set it to start as
a service on boot.  But I am able to start, stop, or restart all other
services from the command line.

Matt Taggart wrote:

>BJ Tiemessen writes...
>

>>I am trying to run proftpd with the command 'service proftpd start'
>>which returns "OK" but when I look at processes it does not show up.
>> When I try to stop it or restart the service I get shutdown fail, start
>>ok.  When I look at the status of services I get a message like proftpd
>>is stopped but subsys is locked.  How can I figure out why the program
>>will not run?  Thanks.
>>

>Are you running it via inetd? Check /etc/inetd.conf.

BJ Tiemessen
Computer Science
Colorado State University
Benjamin.Tiemessen at ColoState.edu