[NCLUG] Re: redhat 8.0 issues

Scott Kleihege scottkly at frii.com
Tue Jan 14 22:06:51 MST 2003

On 2003-01-07 23:30 dherr at frii.com <dherr at frii.com> wrote:
> Second, I bought a new hard drive, used "rsync -av ..." to
> copy everything over, then reinstalled grub on the new disk.
> With the new drive, it comes up to a "grub>" prompt, at which
> I have to type "configfile (hd0,0)/grub.conf" to get it to
> continue.  How can I make it automatically use my config file?

Copy your /grub.conf file to /boot/grub/menu.lst (that's the letter L, not
the number 1).

I found good grub information at:

and documentation at:
http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/

I've really grown attached to grub and other than a few gotchas trying to
get Linux and FreeBSD to cooperate on the same drive, it's been very easy
and flexible to configure.

Scott