[NCLUG] apt-get questions

Marcio Luis Teixeira marciot at holly.colostate.edu
Thu Jan 16 13:42:22 MST 2003

Thanks everyone. It looks like Debian "testing" is where I really want to be,
at least for the non-critical stuff. I'm assuming that if I take care of
dependencies, I can mix and match packages between the three releases,
correct? (so I can shoot myself in the foot as much or as little as I wish :)

I've just found out that testing (and unstable), have way more recent versions
of synaptic (stable: 0.16-6, testing: 0.25-2, unstable: 0.31-3), so bumping
up to "testing" or "unstable" may well give me the features I've been looking
for in the installer.

Marcio Luis Teixeira