[NCLUG] GRUB and Windows XP

Jeff fetushead at comcast.net
Mon Jul 21 13:32:02 MDT 2003

Here's my problem:

I have windows XP installed on /dev/hde3.  The rest of the drive
(/dev/hde1; /dev/hde2; and /dev/hde4) are all linux related.  GRUB
allows me to boot into Linux fine, but I can't seem to get into XP at
all.  Here's my grub.conf file (using RH9):

#boot=/dev/hde
default=0
timeout=10
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/fire.xpm.gz

title Red Hat Linux (2.4.21J3)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.21J3 ro root=/dev/hde2 hda=ide-scsi
        initrd /initrd-2.4.21J3.img
 title Windows XP
        map (hd0) (hd3)
        map (hd3) (hd0)
	rootnoverify (hd0,3)
	chainloader +1

I've messed around with the grub.conf file a bit and have tried different configurations,
but none seem to work.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Jeff