[NCLUG] Organizing against SCO?

jbass at dmsd.com jbass at dmsd.com
Wed Jul 23 15:50:25 MDT 2003

Someone wrote in a side piece (off nclug) requesting:
> I found out you used to work for SCO. So my faith in your impartiality just
> went out the window (you should mention this to NCLUG; why not make your
> biases public?)

Which is clearly not well thought out, since by implication anyone who has
contributed to, or used, open source software is equally incapable of being
impartial by that single act.

I have said openly that I was a contractor to SCO for about 5 years, while
also working for other major UNIX vendors as a contractor. I have never owned
SCO stock, or have any financtial interest in the company. So I have absolutely
no vested interest in SCO, other than providing some balance in this discussion.

John