[NCLUG] June NCLUG Meeting

jbass at dmsd.com jbass at dmsd.com
Sun Jun 1 18:51:31 MDT 2003

"J. Paul Reed" <preed at sigkill.com> writes:
> On 01 Jun 2003 at 14:43:15, jbass at dmsd.com moved bits on my disk to say:
> It would help all of us greatly if you could post a list of content you
> personally find unacceptable on the mailing lists you're on, just so I can
> moderate myself for you in the future and save us all the trouble.

Mostly it's pretty simple, spam in any flavor ... along with direct and
indirect personal attacks at contributors to the list. The spam most of
us agree with, some are more vocal than I ... the people that need to
bitch publicly when private email per accepted practice just drags the
list down with unnecessary negative fighting.

Sometimes, another voice is just necessary to provide balance so a not
univerally accepted position isn't accept as so.

> Personally, I have to agree that it wasn't all that funny.
> But then again, here in California, we make fun of both your hick-states.

That's fine .... we each have our own tastes .... but one doesn't have
to look very far to find lots of off topic humor in this list, most of
it by list regulars from Matt to Mike Loseke.

So my comment today, is one purely of balance ... I'd hate to miss some
of Matt's or Mike's humor due to a sense of censorship in the list. I
haven't seen anyone brave enough to be bitching about off topic for their
humor.

Obvious you don't strongly believe it's off-topic either as you made a
point to bless the list with your own humor, amid the bitching.

John