[NCLUG] Cables, hippies, goats, etc.

rotering at animalcules.com rotering at animalcules.com
Mon Jun 2 01:08:25 MDT 2003

Speaking of hick states (hey, I live here so it's okay for me to say
it) I did some time at New Mexico Tech in Socorro.  There was (is?) a
psych professor there (Frank Etscorn) who, among other things, did a
lot of the early work on transdermal nicotine delivery (nicotine
patches) and infusing cable sheaths with capsaicin (the substance that
makes chiles hot).

I hadn't really given it much thought until y'all started joking about
your cables being munched.  Here's a URL that might actually be useful
to you outdoor cable deployers:

		http://www.hytechsales.com/prod88.html

-Paul

P.S.  Dr. Etscorn has since moved to Montana (I think), speaking of
      hick states :-)