[NCLUG] 2.6 anyone?

Mike Loseke mike at verinet.com
Fri Jun 20 08:43:30 MDT 2003

Thus spake Matt Bruehl:

> The list is kind of slow lately, so here goes:
>
> Does anyone have thoughts, predictions or comments on the release of the 2.6
> kernel?  Will you like or need the new SCSI enhancements, the Native POSIX
> Thread Library (NPTL), or the new MP O(1) scheduler?

 No real thoughts or predictions, but much expectations for the O(1)
scheduler. I've got about 25 fat dual Xeon machines with hyperthreading
but we have to leave it turned off until the new scheduler is in for it
to work correctly. More than half of those machines will really benefit
from that feature when the groups on them ramp up into regressions and
design sims. Our initial tests show some impressive numbers when the pipes
are loaded.

--
                  | So, the Dalai Lama says to me, he says,
   Mike Loseke    | "On your deathbed, you will achieve total consciousness."
 mike at verinet.com | So, I got that going for me.