[NCLUG] Moving to Seattle and change in NCLUG leader

S. Luke Jones luke at frii.com
Tue Mar 4 21:12:09 MST 2003

Matt Taggart wrote:
> After living in northern Colorado for almost 11 years(and Denver for
> another 14) I've decided I need a change. So we're packing up the
> family and moving to Seattle, Washington at the end of March. I
> am keeping the same job and will be back from time to time and will
> try to attend NCLUG/HS while I'm in town, and I intend to pull a
> "Paul" and remain on the list remotely. If you're ever plan to be
> in Seattle, send me some email so we can meet for $BEVERAGES.
> So ...

So Matt sneaks off to Seattle to work on Palladium. For shame!

Okay, so we've had one Maximum Leader who looked like Gimli (Mike)
and another who's a dead ringer for Legolas (Matt) so I have to
assume that James Dewitt must look like ... Merry? Pippin? Faramir?
Eowyn? Treebeard? One of the Uruk-hai?

Congratulations, Matt, on this exciting change in your ... however
they word the press release when someone gets pushed out the door,
I forget. Thanks for your years of serv#### whatever the heck it is
you do as Maximum Leader. Since I don't have a Mithril jacket to
offer you to wear on your quest into the very slopes of Mount Doom,
I'd like to donate the T-shirt I got at the CLIQ that's autographed
by someone who was pretending to be Linus.

(Sorry for all the LoTR references, by the way; I never read it as
a junior nerd, but the movies goaded me into it, and now I'm making
up for lost time.)

--
Luke Jones  luke vortex frii fullstop com