[NCLUG] modem problem

LinuxTyro linuxtyro at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 8 19:20:10 MST 2003

greetings to all,

I am a CSU student using linux for about a year and
have just joined the NCLUG list.

I was wondering if anyone has had the problem of a
dialup modem disconnecting when too much data is being
downloaded across the net.I have a newcom external
modem that I configured using the auto configure
option of redhats modem configuration tool.But
whenever I load two or three webpages simultaneously
or if I download a file(>300kb)the modem gets
disconnected.Is there a way to get around this.Will
increasing the baud rate help.

thanks

RS