[NCLUG] NFS mount problem

John Whelan whelanj at eeng.dcu.ie
Fri Mar 28 08:41:14 MST 2003

Hi Michael,

In May 2001 you posted a problem you were having with mounting nfs when you use
the @netgroup entry in the /etc/exports file. Your posting is shown below.
I have the exact same problem, i.e. I am getting Permission denied on clients
who are present in the netgroup and hence should be able to mount the exported
file system. On the export host (Intel box) I am running  Suse 8.1 and trying to
mount the filesystem on a sparc 20 running Solaris 2.5.1.

Can you advise on your solution.

Many thanks.

Michael Coffman nclug at nclug.org
Fri, 11 May 2001 07:50:33 -0600 (MDT)