[NCLUG] keeping a linux distribution up-to-date

J. Paul Reed preed at sigkill.com
Thu May 8 10:51:27 MDT 2003

On 07 May 2003 at 22:07:29, Neil Doane moved bits on my disk to say:

> Personally, I think Debian's apt-get rules all day long over the RedHat
> Notwork crap.  :)

Don't go there.

Having said that, I've had four friends now rant and rave about how much
they like Gentoo and its emerge.

I've been wanting to try it, but... since it takes a good weekend to get it
up and running... The upside to *that*, though, is I'm told everything is
much faster when you compile it yourself (with all your CPU-specific -Os
on).

Later,
Paul