[NCLUG] keeping a linux distribution up-to-date

Matt Taggart matt at lackof.org
Thu May 8 13:40:42 MDT 2003

"J. Paul Reed" writes...

> On 08 May 2003 at 12:05:29, Matt Taggart moved bits on my disk to say:
>
> > SystemImager would be one good way, I think it should work with
> > whatever bits you're using, however they got on the disk.
>
> Would that work for updates/upgrades, too?

Yeah it has an update tool that can pull updates to an image from the
image server(and it uses rsync).

http://www.systemimager.org/

NCLUG's own dannf is one of the core developers too.

It's part of a group of tools called System Installation Suite.

http://sisuite.org/

The others are System Installer and System Configurator. They're all distro
and architecture independent so you can setup hetrogeneous mixtures. They're
doing some multicast stuff now I think, very scalable. dannf could probably
mention what their parallel install record is currently.

--
Matt Taggart
matt at lackof.org