[NCLUG] debian - 8 CDs worth?

Joshua SS Miller joshua at fitsnips.net
Thu May 8 18:23:11 MDT 2003

If you really want to try debian I would recommend trying knoppix, or
download pgi's installer as the debian installer can take a little time
to figure out.  Knoppix is based on testing so you can get some newer
packages with it, the pgi installer is based on stable and you will get
those packages by default but it is easy to update latter.  Also, the
pgi installer gives you more control over what is installed where as the
knoppix hard drive install just dumps its programs on your drives.

http://www.knoppix.org
or
http://hackers.progeny.com/pgi/

joshua ss miller