[NCLUG] At the risk of being kicked off the list my first day back...

Jeff fetushead at attbi.com
Tue May 27 08:22:12 MDT 2003

I'm trying to install some apps on my Red Hat 9 box.  The system is
completely up to date, wherein lies the issue.  A few of the apps
require libcrypto.so.2 to be installed, but the latest versions of
openssl do not use it anymore - it is now libcrypto.so.4.  Is there any
way to add the .2 version in addition to the .4 without destroying
anything, or should I try a soft link to the .4 version to try and fool
the install (I'm worried about backwards compatibility here)?

Cheers,

Jeff