[NCLUG] Re: using smtp

William Dan Terry william.terry at knotworks.com
Wed May 28 14:38:12 MDT 2003

It's been my experience that this kind of message shows up as part of a
spam filter. I had this happen when I had ISDN through Qwest. Since spam
was being sent via qwest.net dialups it ended up on one of the
blacklists that got used for spam filters. I then routed SMTP though one
of my servers.

Peace, William

> From:  <rosing at peakfive.com>
> Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 13:52:34 -0600
> To: nclug at nclug.org
> Subject: [NCLUG] using smtp
>
> I had some mail bounced because the machine I sent to didn't like my
> domain:
>
>  (reason: 550 This domain (client.attbi.com) is banned, contact your
>  local admin.
>
> So I changed emacs to run my outgoing mail through mail.frii.com and
> that fixes it. But now trestlemail, which I use to distribute mail to
> other people that shows up on my machine, doesn't know about using
> this.  Is there a better way to specify the smtp machine?  Sendmail
> doesn't seem to have any options for this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

How do we acquire wisdom along with all these shiny things? -David Brin

    PGP public key:     http://www.knotworks.com/wdt_pgp_pubkey.asc
    fingerprint:   DC 80 E4 18 E2 CB AC F4  8C 59 9B 9C BB A2 D7 4B