[NCLUG] debian help

Steve Chadsey tyr at teiresias.net
Thu Nov 6 01:03:27 MST 2003

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 12:27:13AM -0700, Nick Lang wrote:
> I've tried lots of different things and I'm just continuing to get frustrated.
>
> I was wondering if anyone out here can help me get debian set up so I can
> update my kernel (right now I'm on 2.2 and I'd like to go to 2.6)
>
> but I'm having problems getting my nic recognized, my wifi card recognized,
> etc...

Are you already running Debian with a 2.2 kernel, and the 2.6 kernel
isn't recognizing your devices?  If that's the case, it's probably
a matter of not having the right options selected during kernel
configuration.  Are you running a stock 2.2 kernel, or a custom one?

If the above isn't the case, can you be more specific on what your
scenario is, and what you've already tried?
--
Steve Chadsey <tyr at teiresias.net>