[NCLUG] interview with love

bill ehlert ehlert_b at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 3 04:21:32 MDT 2003

eWEEK.com: Let's cut to the chase: What did you
intend to do with the Unix source code?

Love: Clearly, when we acquired SCO and Unix, our
intention was to see how Unix could expand and
extend Linux. In a lot of technologies, Linux was
going in slightly different ways, but we thought
Unix was the natural companion to it.

 - - -

Steven Vaughan-Nichols, editor of eWEEK.com's
Linux & Open Source Center, spoke to Love in an
exclusive interview. Love, who was Caldera CEO
during its acquisition of SCO and the contested
Unix source code, expressed displeasure over the
current developments from his former company.

 - - -