[NCLUG] SCO Open Letter to the Open Source Community

jbass at dmsd.com jbass at dmsd.com
Fri Oct 24 22:01:50 MDT 2003

For those that missed this, it's a valuable read in understanding the
true nature of the SCO vs. IBM (and other UNIX license) conflict.

As I posted earlier ... it's about IP rights regarding derivative works,
which some in this forum fail to understand is a critical IP right for
not only for-profit software developers, but the Open Source community
as well. We depend on these very same protections to enforce GPL and
other Open Source agreements.

Read:

	http://www.sco.com/company/openletter/

and for some balance to the spiteful miss-information propaganda by the
Open Source community consider:

	http://www.technewsworld.com/perl/story/31479.html

John Bass