[NCLUG] Help with CIPE

listz at hate.cx listz at hate.cx
Wed Oct 29 11:43:26 MST 2003

i was wondering if anyone could help me with a CIPE problem i'm having. i'm
running CIPE from xinetd as described in CIPE documentation, and it works
wonderfully, with 1 exception. once the intial CIPE connection is negotiated
CIPE starts talking on 3277x and increments each time a new CIPE connection is
started. my problem is that i have an iptables firewall on the machine and would
like CIPE to stay in a range of ports, but i have no idea how to accomplish
this. also, when i terminate my CIPE session the server instance doesn't
disappear. any help would be much appreciated, and i'd owe you at least a beer.
thanks.

<EOF>
::[ RFC 2795 ]::
 "Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the
 people by the people for the people."
 -Oscar Wilde
listz at hate.cx | "It's like a koala crapped a rainbow in my brain!"