[NCLUG] dual head that isn't....

James Cizek jcizek at yuma.ACNS.ColoState.EDU
Wed Aug 11 08:32:08 MDT 2004

   Hi folks,

  I am running a Matrox G200 dual head card on Slackware 10.0
  and currently have the two displays "stitched" together to
  create a big wide screen (like most people).  I want to have
  two independent screens so that the main screen and second screen
  are 2 entities.  A friend at work here suggests that maybe 2 seperate
  X servers need to run to do this each with it's own screen.
  Has anyone done this?  If so, do you have snippits of xconfig to
  share with me?  Once you have done this, how do you switch keyboard/
  mouse control between them?  Thanks for any thoughts you may have...
  -James