[NCLUG] Orinoco/Wavelan wireless PCMCIA

Paul Wehr wehrp at mac.com
Wed Aug 18 14:24:44 MDT 2004

Is there anyone out there who would like to get rid of an old
Orinoco/Wavelan type PCMCIA wireless network card. I'm looking for an
older "Gold" card that is for a 16-bit slot. A "Silver" would do too.
A 32-bit "combo" card does not show up as connected.

The card only does 802.11b, so someone may have upgraded to a g card
and have one of these lying around. This would be for a Powerbook
1400.

I've been watching eBay and just missed out on a Bronze card
(generally no encryption) by 25 cents out of 3.99. The older cards
are probably covered in dust at the back of closets.

Paul