[NCLUG] RedHat Enterprise 3 question

Bill Thorson bill at tstorms.com
Wed Dec 8 12:23:34 MST 2004

Ok James.

Here's the straight poop on getting a second sendmail running on a
different port.
You'll have to make sure it does what you want.

Make sure you have the sendmail-cf*.rpm installed.

cd /etc/mail
cp sendmail.mc sendmail2.mc
vi sendmail2.mc
   Change this line:
      dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl
   To this:
      DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=4444, Name=MTA')dnl
    Using whatever port you want it to listen on.
m4 /usr/share/sendmail-cf/m4/cf.m4 sendmail2.mc >sendmail2.cf
/usr/sbin/sendmail -bd -C /etc/mail/sendmail2.cf

Whalla!  You have a sendmail listening on port 4444 although not
out of xinetd.d.   I guess you can call it without the -bd from xinetd.d

Bill