[NCLUG] RedHat Enterprise 3 question

James Cizek jcizek at yuma.acns.ColoState.EDU
Wed Dec 8 11:10:57 MST 2004

  Well I never though of doing it that way!  I actually got it working
  this morning, I had a syntax error in the /etc/xinetd.conf file
  that was hosing up all the services of inetd.  I run sendmail with
  the -bs flag, that is an easy way to get around the port issue
  since -bs lets sendmail read on stdin and output on stdout, you can
  call it inside inetd and put the port you want it to run on in
  /etc/services.  I just needed to run a seperate sendmail with
  a really high debug level to see why my compare was failing.
  It had to do with rewriting rule.

  Thanks for the tip though,  I'll file that one away as "I know
  I saw how you do this once" memo!

  Have a great holiday,  -James