[NCLUG] GPRS Data Access: T-Mobile?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Dec 30 10:26:58 MST 2004

On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 11:47:46PM -0800, Marcio Luis Teixeira wrote:
>the trick is to find a good wireless carrier. Anyhow,
>seems like T-Mobile is the only one out there that has
>unlimited data access. And supposedly you can get web

T-Mobile is not the only game in town.  Sprint also offers unlimited data
service.  I don't know that much about the pricing on using it with the
phones, I want to say it was $5 or $10 per month.  I am using the Merlin
C-201 PCMCIA card with Sprint in their dedicated computer data plan for
$80/month and have been happy with it.  The real killer is the latency --
it averages around half a second, ranging between 200ms and 1s.

 Read error: 666 (Connection reset by Satan)
      Back off man. I'm a scientist.   http://HackingSociety.org/