[NCLUG] new to linux, nclug, etc

Joel Nevison jvnn at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 18:43:00 MST 2004

Hi, I have been flailing away at the learning curve.  I've got slack 9.1 going and am starting to get icewm configured.  My question is this; I've got qwest dsl in Fort Collins on a windows box and the intel 2100 modem is a no-go for linux.  I am looking for a cheap external (lan or usb) dsl modem.  I see at buy.com the zoom adsl x3 5560 and the hawking tech har11a that I can afford.  Does anybody have experience with these, or know howto figure out if they will work with my qwest line?

Thanks - Joel