[NCLUG] CD burning problems

Dan Fink danbob at starband.net
Tue Jan 6 12:28:48 MST 2004

Hi all. Trying to get my CD burner working. With help of folks on this
list I did get it configured so that cdrecord and gnometoaster recognize
it, and I can successfully erase a CD-RW using gnometoaster. But I get
errors along the lines of "illegal mode for this track" and "i/o error"
when I try to burn data to it. It's a cheap I/O magic CD-RW drive, but
since it can blank a disc I'm assuming it's set up right, and I know the
drive works in Windows. Nothing in gnometoaster setup appears unusual.
Any ideas for where to start trying?
Thanks
DAN