[NCLUG] Creating a remote bridge

Michael Crosiar crosiarcm at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 6 11:34:09 MDT 2004

Hello,

I'm trying to create an encrypted bridge between my
home computer an my work. I've tried CIPE before, and
it works create for all my Lunix stuff, but doesn't
allow my VMWARE win2000 to authenticate. From what I
understand, this is because CIPE doesn't send the
necessary broadcast packets. I've tries using WINS for
my name resolution, but this also did not work, though
I may try this again.

My question is, has anyone here tried this before? Is
there a better tech to use than CIPE? What is the
best/easiest way to get this up and running with
windows authentication?

Thanks,

Michael C.