[NCLUG] Comcast DHCP lease interval

Brian Weaver brian at fcu.com
Wed Jul 7 11:18:01 MDT 2004

Never losing your IP address has nothing to do with the DHCP lease
time.  The reason that clients keep their same IP address when
they stay online is because the client keeps sending a request
to renew the lease the same IP address requested. There is still
a default lease time set.

Jamie Fishback <jamiefishback at gmail.com> [2004-07-07 09:03:18 -0600]: