[NCLUG] Coffee Shops with wireless?

Michael Milligan milli at acmeps.com
Mon Jun 7 18:33:41 MDT 2004

Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> On Sat, May 22, 2004 at 12:04:49PM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> The Mugs down town often seems to have broken net.  I tried rebooting
> the AP on Friday when 3 of us couldn't use the net there, and it didn't
> help, so we went to the Bean.

There is a lot of other AP "noise" there too.

I've noticed that the ethernet cable plugged in the back has it's
locking tab broken off, and because it sits on top of a well-used PC,
that often pops out enough to take it off the net too.  So, reseating
and/or power-cycling usually does the trick.

Regards,
Mike

Michael Milligan                                   -> milli at acmeps.com