[NCLUG] Hacking Traffic Webcams

Tim Chambers 9vclye202 at sneakemail.com
Fri Mar 5 09:55:28 MST 2004

I saw nirik's webcam mentioned on IRC this morning and thought I'd share
a page I created to optimize my ability to see what traffic was doing
when I drive between Monument and Ft. Collins. It also shows what I
figured out about how CDOT has organized the URLs. I'm pretty impressed
with the progress they've made in the past 8 months. They've continued
to add more cameras. Now they have 22 cameras on I-25 between FC and
Monument.

They have a link to their "Variable Message Signs" (the Amber Alert
signs, I think) from http://www.cotrip.org/, but whenever I've tried to
access the data from the Web it's been blank. I think it's only a matter
of time, though.

Anyway, this is all fertile ground for hacking because their Web pages
don't work on mobile devices. Thus my page:
http://alum.mit.edu/tbc/trfccams.htm

<>< Tim
http://alum.mit.edu/www/tbc/hacks