[NCLUG] FreeBSD versus Linux?

jbass at dmsd.com jbass at dmsd.com
Sat Mar 20 20:05:55 MST 2004

P. Scott DeVos writes:
> I fully expect longhorn to support quotes and backslashes in filenames
> and we'll have a yet another separator character to handle that.
> Microsoft will celebrate a breakthrough in end-user ease of use.

Linux supports a number of filesystems, and many legacy filesystems which
have no restriction whatsoever in the characters for filenames. As long
as Linux actively supports EXT3 which doesn't have restrictions, then the
comand line interfaces should easily support producing legal filenames for
the filesystem of choice.

John