[NCLUG] Mandrake and graphics card

Max Beaven m.beaven at bresnan.net
Tue Mar 23 18:01:42 MST 2004

Elizabeth,

I'm a bit of a newbie to Linux but have sucessfully installed/used
Mandrake 9 and 10 and also the latest Fedora on my AMD box with a Radeon
7000 card with no problems. I did notice the 3D performance in Mandrake
9 was slower, so you might try a newer version or as James mentioned
Fedora works great as well. Nvidia and ATI both have Linux drivers
available on their sites for the GeForce and Radeon platforms, so you
might also give those a shot.

Best regards,
Max