[NCLUG] (For Sale) A bunch of random (mostly geeky) stuff.

Rich Blinne rich.blinne at gmail.com
Tue May 4 09:34:49 MDT 2004

On Tue, 4 May 2004 02:25:08 -0600, Sean Reifschneider <jafo at tummy.com> wrote:

> On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 08:07:28PM -0600, Rich Blinne wrote:
> >I was able to get one of the infamous gmail accounts. (I was at a
>
> Everyone can now get one, if they're just willing to part with $100 for
> an invitation on ebay.  Really.

I like but it is not worth $100 dollars. Further, the ability to
invites is extremely limited. Note the following help on inviting and
the date:

Because we're currently only offering Gmail as part of a preview
release and limited test, we don't have details on when Gmail will be
made more widely available.
As we make way for more accounts, we **may** periodically allow you to
invite others to join Gmail. [emphasis mine]

To invite someone, click on 'Invite friend' in your inbox. You will
then be asked to provide an email address and a personalized message
to your invitee.

The person you invite will be sent a message that includes a link to
join Gmail. That registration link will be valid for three weeks and
can be used to create only one account.

Should your invitee have problems creating a Gmail account, please let
us know by clicking on the 'contact us' link below.

We have also created a sign up list for those who are interested in
receiving updates on Gmail, but have not been invited.

updated 4/28/2004
---
I cannot invite you with my account. The EBay accounts may be worthless.