[NCLUG] ATX P4 power supply?

Bob Proulx bob at proulx.com
Sat May 8 15:01:15 MDT 2004

Michael Milligan wrote:
> Anybody have a suggestion on the best place to pick up an ATX P4 power
> supply around Fort Fun?  Just had one fry.  Looking for 300watt minimum.

You will pay a premium for a local inventory.  But either Computer
Renaissance or Best Buy would probably have what you need.

Shop the web first to compare how much price premium you will pay for
one in the hand.  The last one I bought locally so that I could have a
system running immediately I paid $70.  Now I always keep a spare on
hand.  I like shopping Computer Geeks.  New Egg is also good.  Here
are some comparisons.  You should be able to get a good one for less
than $25.

  http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=HER-DUAL450W-NB&cat=CAS

  http://www.newegg.com/app/ListProduct.asp?DEPA=1&submit=list&catalog=58&description=&sortby=22&order=1

When in doubt, stick with the name brands.

Lately I have become more sensitive to noise and I look for quieter
fans in new hardware that I buy now.

Bob