[NCLUG] [OT] SF Discussion Group Starting

Eric Schwartz emschwar at pobox.com
Tue Oct 12 22:22:32 MDT 2004

This is a little off-topic, but I hope there is enough overlap to make
it interesting.  Please direct all replies, opprobrious or not, directly
to me. :)

What:                 A new SF book discussion/fan group
In God's Name, Why:   A severe surplusage of boredom.
When:                 The second Friday of every month, 7:30pm-ish
Where: My house--     313 Pin Oak Dr
                       Loveland, CO 80538
                       (970) 613-8368

We don't have an official name yet; I'm leaning towards The Second
Friday Irregulars, as a tip of the hat to my old group, First Friday
Fandom.  Despite this lack of a name, we're committed to not only doing
the impossible, but also the insane-- namely, holding a convention in
Fort Collins next year.  We have a couple of "name" GOHs in mind, but I
don't want to announce them formally until they've agreed to show.

We're still ironing out the formalities of how our group will be
structured, so things are fairly informal at this point.  If you, or
anybody you know, are interested in hanging out and talking about SF,
authors, or gossiping about other fen, send me an email, call, or just
stop by next month!  If you want to help out at the con, that's great,
too-- just let me know what you'd like to do.

-=Eric