[NCLUG] [OT] SF Discussion Group Starting

marciot marciot at holly.colostate.edu
Sat Oct 16 11:41:28 MDT 2004

>This is a little off-topic, but I hope there is enough overlap to make
>it interesting.  Please direct all replies, opprobrious or not, directly
>to me. :)

I would. But the email list strips out the sender address.

>What:                 A new SF book discussion/fan group

Does SF stand for "SourceForge" or "SciFi"? :)

Anyhow, assuming it stands for SciFi, you may want to know that there is a
SciFi group at CSU. If you're starting a new group, perhaps you could
coordinate events with them. I don't know too much about their group because I
went only once and was disappointed (the group seemed more oriented towards
fantasy and RPGs than the type of sci-fi I read). But FYI, here is a copy of
their latest e-mail newsletter. If you want more information, contact the guy
who goes by overlord.

----

Subj: Sci-Fi & Fantasy Weekly bullitin.

Hear Me!!! This is your Supreme Overlord Phil.

***Unusual Stuff***

Brian Goff is looking for new coaches to start up a Blood Bowl tournament for
the end of the semester and / or the school year. Contact him at
<ancalagon13 at yahoo.com> if you have any questions or are interested.

Also I think we'll be looking for a few people with spare time to donate to a
club fundraising activity to be discussed before night gaming starts this
weekend.

***This Saturday (10/16)

Games this weekend are Cassy's Earthdawn and Eric's D20 Modern at noon. With
Kyle's Spycraft and Scotts D20 Aberrant in the night slot.

We have rooms 217 and 24 for this weekend.

***Board Game Night

As Always, Board Game Night will be held Thursday at the Wired Bean. Starts at
7pm.

***This Tuesday (10/12)

A gathering at Academy Gaming. Come and join us in mass multi-player combat
from the fields of Vietnam to the outer reaches of space on Halo. First Person
Shooter (FPS), Strategy, and co-operative games are available on their
networks come on down and join us. It is approximately $5 per hour to use
their computers with package deals with more time for less money.

***Club Website

The Club Website is located at http://csuscififantasy0.tripod.com.
That is a zero and not an "O" after fantasy.

***The Drill

This club meets every Saturday at Noon in the Lory Student Center, a building
on campus located north of the library. We stay until the building closes,
usually between 11:30 PM and Midnight.

***The Supreme Overlord's Email Address

csu_overlord at comcast.net