[NCLUG] CLUE-North Meeting, 25 Oct

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.net
Thu Oct 21 19:46:45 MDT 2004

Greetings:

CLUE-North will be having its monthly meeting on Monday, 25 October at
7PM at DeVry University Westminster Campus.  More details can be found
at

http://www.cluedenver.org/north/

Topic: How to Hack Wireless Networks with John Hamilton

If you use wireless networks, learn why you should be concerned about
security. I will demonstrate a number of the Open Source tools that are
being used to hack into wireless networks. I will also present
suggestions on what you can do to secure your wireless network against
these hacks.

Professionally John is a digital IC design engineer for a biomedical
company called Medtronic where he designs integrated circuits using a
Linux workstation. Personally, he's been a Linux enthusiast for about 6
years. John also volunteers at a local elementary school where a group
of people have created a complete network infrastructure based on Linux.
This includes a wireless network, which is where he gained most of his
experience with wireless networks.

Hope to see everyone there!