[NCLUG] OT - Moving to Colorado

John L. Bass jbass at dmsd.com
Wed Oct 27 04:04:54 MDT 2004

"Duncan M. McGreggor" <duncan at adytumsolutions.com> writes:
> Also, I'm going to be scouting for a place to rent -- does anyone know
> of a good real estate agent in the area?

There are a lot of rentals available as soon as you get away from the
Universities. It's generally cheaper to take a short drive in the area
you want to live and keep your eye out for the discount move-in signs
hanging on a lot of apartments in the area.

With low cost mortgages, a lot of renters have realized their dream of
home ownership, leaving rental markets in many areas flush with rental
homes and apartments. Why rent, when your mortgage can frequently be
several hundred dollars a month cheaper than house rents.

Have fun getting ready for the trip ... DC is a wonderful place to vist,
but I've never figured out why anybody would really want to live out
there. Here atleast there are still four seasons, it's not muggy hot in
the summer, nor bitter cold much of the winter. 60-70's just before
Christmas or Thanksgiving, and snow Christmas or Thanksgiving day is
not that uncommon here. And when you want snow, it's only 30mins away
for most people :).

See ya!
John