[NCLUG] Confirmation outside CWX for ebay problem

John L. Bass jbass at dmsd.com
Tue Dec 27 15:37:13 MST 2005

Thanks Jeff for confirming the problem is certainly outside CWX. Now the
question is if this is a FRII web caching problem, or a problem with some
router at FRII, Denver NAP, or ebay.

In my own testing, I have found as many machines/IP's don't have any problem,
as the number of machines/IP's that do have a problem. So I think it would
be a little hasty to consider this a Linux only problem unless a sweep of
a Class C showed only Linux boxes have the problem. I believe (and will have
to re-verify this) that a windows browser had the same problem here.

If someone has a class C connected outside FRII, it would be helpful to scan
a dozen or so IP's on it.

Thanks mucho ...
John