[NCLUG] SuSE 9.2 free from Novell

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.net
Sat Jan 15 09:45:28 MST 2005

Forward from ALE (Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts) group.  I have been using SuSE 9.2
for one of our LPI training classes this week, not too bad save a small supply
of internet sources for performing updates or internet based installs (I
recommend the Universities in German of all places to be honest).

--- Crawford
CLUE-North Coordinator/Lackie

SUSE LINUX Professional 9.2 free download available

WALTHAM, Mass. * January 14, 2005 * Novell today announced the availability of
it's highly acclaimed consumer product, SUSE LINUX Professional 9.2, as a free
download at ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/. This free offering will enable
Linux users to trial the latest open source desktop, server and application
functionality that has become the hallmark of the SUSE LINUX consumer
distribution. As opposed to the LiveDVD version, which will boot directly from
the DVD without modifying the hard disk, this is a fully installable version
and is not time limited.

This free offer of SUSE LINUX Professional 9.2 provides a perfect starting point
for many individuals to use and get to know a Linux distribution better. Novell
provides the latest and greatest Linux technology available to a broad audience
by bringing together thousands of open source software packages into an ideal
Linux operating system.

Customers who are looking for additional installation support, comprehensive
manuals and the software in a conveniently packaged media kit can obtain a
boxed versions at all major retail outlets or visit our homepage
http://www.novell.com/products/linuxprofessional/

###

Press Contact:

Jasmin Ul-Haque