[NCLUG] Broadband ISP options in Fort Collins

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Wed Jan 19 22:26:19 MST 2005

John L. Bass wrote:
> CWX has been slowly transitioning to Canopy. Green will be completely converted
> this week, and most of Horsetooth should be in a couple months.

Sounds interesting. I notice your website is updated now. Which parts of
Horsetooth are converted? I assume it's partial because you have a
number of towers and only some are converted? Is there a chance of me
getting service prior to the end of Feb?

Which frequencies do your canopy systems use? I notice there's a fair
number of canopy modules on eBay, although more APs than SMs.

What's involved in mounting the module? Is it just a matter of drilling
a few holes in the roof, screwing in some bolts & caulking? The place
I'm moving will be my first house, so I don't have any experience
mounting this kind of thing! I'm sure I can manage all the other aspects
of the service/setup.

Thanks for any more info.