[NCLUG] forwarding email, was Broadband ISP in Fort Collins

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Jan 26 15:54:46 MST 2005

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 10:57:30AM -0700, Matt wrote:
>I couldn't send email to myself without it getting tagged by my own
>spam filter, spamassassin, because the ip address I got from comcast
>was in this huge block of addresses that some black list considers a

I presume the blacklist you're talking about is the "DUL", or "Dial-up
Line" RBL?  You could disable the DUL RBL from your SpamAssassin setup, but
most people are probably still going to be blocking direct outgoing mail
from you.  For good reason, dial-up lines are just too frequently used for
abuse.

 He who wonders discovers that this in itself is wonder.
                 -- M. C. Escher