[NCLUG] Dial up/in server

Chris Funk chris at us-reports.com
Wed Jul 6 16:51:35 MDT 2005

Hi All,

I'm creating a dial in server ( I think that is the correct term, maybe dial
up)  I have a centos 4 machine with a modem in it.  I want a user to be able
to dial into the ppp server, and use it as an ISP.  The "ppp server" machine
has a connection to the internet through our T.  I can dial into the
machine, get authorized, ping the linux machine, and other machines on the
network, but the remote machine isn't getting assigned the gateway address
of the internal network 192.168.2.1  How would I forward traffic from the
remote machine through the ppp "server" onto the internet?  The ppp server's
ip is 192.168.2.35 and the gateway address is 192.168.2.1.  The "ppp server"
can access the internet fine.

I turned ip forwarding on on the ppp server machine.

When I do a ipconfig on the remote machine (windows xp)  it doesn't have
anything in the default gateway.

Here are my options files

Options.ttyS1
192.168.2.198:192.168.2.35