[NCLUG] KRUD & KVM?

Rich Young rich at experienceplus.com
Mon Jun 13 12:33:40 MDT 2005

Hey, all-
	I was working on a KRUD installation last night using a box
connected to a KVM switch.  It detected keyboard, mouse and monitor
successfully, but when it went to start X it hung and I had to start
over.  Rebooting and starting over led to the same problem each time,
and I never got past it.

	Now, I wasn't switching the KVM switch at all - it was set to
the box I was working on from powerup through the hang-up.  And I
haven't yet crawled around recabling to see if it's really unrelated to
the KVM switch.  But I've installed to this box before without trouble,
and I think it really has to be the KVM switch causing the problems.

	Does anyone have any experience/suggestions with KVM and
KRUD/Fedora installation?

--Rich