[NCLUG] Desire suggestions for college laptop

Kevin dlc at frii.com
Thu Jun 23 10:18:18 MDT 2005

Depends on what you want.  After using IBM Thinkpads for years I just
got an Apple iBook.  I got a "top of the line" iBook 1.33GHz G4 with
a 60GB hard drive, a CD/DVD writer, 768MB Ram and 14.2" LCD screen for
about $1600.  Under the hood of the Mac OS is freeBSD, unix.  The WiFi
is built in and invisible and like Apple prides itself on, the WiFi
just works, no odd questions or weird config screens, it just
connects.  But, if you are married to the Intel architecture, wait
a year or so and Apple will be coming out with an Intel based one.

I liked my Thinkpads (even if they did run Windoze), I LOVE my iBook.
Life is good now that I can get a unix command line prompt again. ;)

DLC