[NCLUG] Fedora Core 3 Printer and Sound issues

ben bullard ben_bullard9 at comcast.net
Sat Mar 5 20:53:32 MST 2005

How do I get my Lexmark Z55 printer to work in Fedora Core 3? I would
guess this is simply a matter of installing the correct driver but
haven't yet figured out how to do this.

I also don't have sound. In the hardware browser under printer it lists:
Lexmark Lexmark Z55

Under soundcard it lists:
Camera
Intel Corp. 82801DB/DBL/DBM [ICH4/ICH4/ICH4-m]AC'97 Audio Controller

I think this means the OS recognizes the hardware and I just don't know
how to get it to work. Yet.

What the hey, while I'm at it does anyone know how to get a webcam to
work in Fedora 3? Getting sound to work would be awesome. I started on
sound a week ago and have a screenshot of my efforts on that issue
trying suggestions from several lugoj folks.

Lugoj is a user group in Jackson. Mississippi where I grew up and have a
brother who got me interested in open source stuff. I am a newbie, a
month ago I was strictly a point and click xp user.

--
Thanks,
Ben Bullard