[NCLUG] Debian 3.1 and rsh/rlogin

Dave Treece davet at frii.com
Sun Mar 20 08:43:07 MST 2005

 I don't want to get into any arguments of why we shouldn't use rsh/rlogin,
I know all those reasons, but, suffice it to say we have enough older
systems that its required at this point to maintain integration.

We are installing a Debian 3.1 machine into a cluster of HP-UX systems. We
move applications/users around these systems frequently and we use
rlogin/remsh/rsh commands extensively. In particular we have one user that
each of these applications rsh to. Now, on the HP systems the rhosts
contains "+ user". It appears that the debian machine doesn't like, doesn't
acknowledge the "+ user" format. So, how can I get Debian to like it.